Ice Ticket Procedure
SUBJECT TO CHANGE IN 2020/2021 - MORE INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED LATER
What are ice tickets?
Ice tickets are used by skaters who would like to skate on a session that they are not already registered for.
Why would you use ice tickets?
Sometimes skaters and coaches feel that the skater needs extra practice before a competition or test day, or to catch up on a missed session.
Which sessions can a skater use ice tickets?
All sessions are available to skate on using ice tickets, providing that the session has less than 18 skaters already registered and the skater is qualified to skate on that session (see next paragraph). If you are unsure about the number of skaters registered on a session, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know if there is room for your skater on a particular session. The coach convening the session will turn away unregistered skaters if the maximum capacity has been reached.
Who can use ice tickets?
If you are a Silver Blades member...
Only Preliminary, Junior, Intermediate and Senior skaters may skate using ice tickets. This option is not available for PreCanSkate or CanSkate skaters. Skaters may skate on sessions they are qualified for, and may also skate up or down a level according to the following guidelines:
- Junior skaters may skate on Junior and Intermediate sessions
- Intermediate skaters may skate on Junior, Intermediate and Senior sessions, but not on combined Preliminary/Junior sessions
- Senior skaters may skate on Intermediate and Senior sessions
- Preliminary skaters may skate on other Preliminary sessions using ice tickets, but they may NOT participate in group lessons. Preliminary skaters may also skate up on Junior sessions or on Open ice sessions. Their coach must be on the ice in all cases.
NEW FOR 2019-20 SEASON:
The use of ice tickets will not be permitted on sessions where there are 18 or more skaters registered (this applies whether you are Silver Blades member or NOT. The sessions that have LESS than 18 skaters registered are as follow:
Open Ice: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AM & PM
If you are NOT a Silver Blades member...
Provided you have a valid Skate Canada membership for the current season, you may purchase and use ice tickets at Silver Blades as a guest skater. However, you are only permitted to skate on sessions that have fewer than 15 registered skaters, and you may only skate on two sessions per month. Here is a list of the sessions on which non-members are currently permitted to skate as guests:
How do ice tickets work?
If you are interested in skating on a session that you are not already registered for, you must pre-purchase an ice ticket online. They are available as singles ($25), with discounts if you buy five or more ($23) and 10 or more ($21).
To purchase ice tickets, you will first need to login to this website, and then follow these steps:
- click on the "Registration" tab at the top of the page
- click on "Purchase Other Products" on the left
- enter the number of ice tickets you'd like to buy and add them to your cart
- click on SHOPPING CART at the top of the page
- select CONFIRM & REGISTER
- if you have gift certificates and would like to use them, check the "Use available credit" box
- if you don't have gift certificates or if your gift certificates don't cover the total owing, click PAY BY CREDIT CARD and follow through to complete your purchase
When you get your invoice by email, it will contain the printable tickets. We recommend that you print them off right away, cut them out and keep them in an envelope somewhere handy. When you're ready to use one, simply fill out your skater's name and the date of the session before giving it to the convenor on-ice.
What happens if my child doesn’t have an ice ticket but is at the rink, ready to skate?
If an ice ticket has not been purchased in advance, and the office is not open, you may pay $25 cash/cheque directly to the coach who is convening the session you want to skate on. There will be ice ticket envelopes by the arena entrance and on the bulletin board. Fill out your name, insert your payment, and give the envelope to the coach convening the session. If you do not have an ice ticket and do not have $25 cash/cheque, you will be asked to leave the ice. No exceptions.