Online Registration Guide
Silver Blades has recently migrated its website and online registration process over to a new system called Uplifter that is a much better fit for skating clubs. Here’s how you can use it to register and
1. Go to silverblades.ca and click the Login link in the top right corner of the home page.
2. If you have already created an Uplifter account on the new website, simply enter your login email address
and password on the left.
If you don’t have an Uplifter account yet, complete all the fields in the Family Account Login
Information, Member Information, Address and Message Lists sections, and then click the blue
CONTINUE button at the bottom. Next you will be prompted to Add a New Skater. For each skater in
your family, complete all fields in this section and click the blue ADD SKATER button.
3. You are now ready to register for sessions, so click on REGISTRATION in the navigation bar. Browse
through the current programs, or use the Categories, Seasons and Locations filters on the left to find
specific programs. Once you find a session you’re interested in, click the blue REGISTER button to select
it. Each session you select will be added to your Shopping Cart at the top of the page.
4. Once you have selected all of the sessions you’d like to register for, click on Shopping Cart. If this is
your first registration of the 2017/2018 season, you will need to pay an annual $40 Family Membership
fee (one per family) and $36 Skate Canada fee (one per skater). And all Preliminary, Intermediate, Junior
and Senior members must also pay an annual $15 Test Administration fee (one per skater). Click the blue
ADD SUBSCRIPTIONS button to add these fees to your Shopping Cart.
5. Click on Shopping Cart again to see a summary of your registrations. Review the details carefully,
including the skater name attached to each program. You should also check that your single-skater
multiple-session discount has been applied correctly as follows:
PreCanSkate 2 sessions - 25% off total session fees
CanSkate 2 sessions - 30% off total session fees
Preliminary/Junior/Intermediate/Senior 3 sessions - 15% off total session fees
4 sessions - 25% off total session fees
5+ sessions - 35% off total session fees
Once you are sure everything is correct, click the blue CONFIRM & REGISTER button.
6. If you are registering for PreCanSkate/CanSkate or CanPower, full payment is required upon registration.
If you are registering for Preliminary, Junior, Intermediate or Senior, you have the option to either pay
the whole total owing now or pay in two installments as follows—DUE AT REGISTRATION: 60% of total
session fees + $40 Family Membership fee (one per family) + $36 Skate Canada Fee (one per skater)
+ $15 Test Administration fee (one per Preliminary/Junior/Intermediate/Senior skater); DUE JANUARY
15, 2018: 40% of total session fees. Select your preference by clicking either Pay Once or Pay by
7. If you have gift certificates (from PA work or credits for cancelled sessions) and would like to use them,
check the Use Available Credit box that will display below your total owing.
8. If you don’t have gift certificates or if your gift certificates don’t cover the total owing, read and accept
the Skater/Guardian Consent link, click the blue PAY BY CREDIT CARD button and follow through to
complete your purchase.
9. VOLUNTEER HOURS DEPOSIT—Silver Blades is a volunteer-run club with over 500 members, and your
involvement is critical to our success! That’s why each family registering a Preliminary, Junior,
Intermediate or Senior skater is required to put in 10 volunteer hours over the course of the season. And
online registrations for skaters at these four levels will not be completed without a $200 Volunteer Hours
Deposit. (If you don’t fulfill your family’s 10-hour volunteering commitment, this charge to your credit card
will be processed on April 30, 2018.)
If you have chosen to pay your total session fees for the season in full at registration, you will need to set
up your Volunteer Hours Deposit as a separate transaction once you have finished the checkout process.
To do this, click on the blue Purchase Subscriptions button on the left and add the Volunteer Hours
Deposit to your cart. Then follow the same payment steps to complete this separate transaction.
10. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PAY ONLINE, please print and complete this registration form and mail it
with your cheques (don’t forget a $200 volunteer hours deposit cheque post-dated for April 30, 2018
if you are registering a Preliminary, Junior, Intermediate or Senior skater) to the address below:
Silver Blades Skating Club
P.O. Box 125, Station D
Etobicoke, ON M9A 4X1
11. THIRD-SKATER DISCOUNT—If you are registering three or more skaters from the same household,
we offer a 25% discount on the lowest fees, starting with the third skater.
12. SKATING UP/DOWN—Skaters are required to register for at least one weekly session at their current
level (provided in your registration package). But we strongly encourage our members to skate on as
many sessions at their own level as possible since these will be the best fit for their skill level. Silver
Blades policy does allow for some skating up/down, but priority on a session will always be given to
skaters who are qualified at that level first, and requests to skate up or down may not be approved if there
is not enough room on the session for additional skaters. If you are registering for a session that is one
level up or down from your own qualification, it will be reviewed by the Board on Tuesday, September 5
and you will receive confirmation by email that your request has been approved or denied on Wednesday,
September 6. The Board reserves the right to not approve skate up/down requests.
If you have any questions, email Heidi Bertignoll at firstname.lastname@example.org.