Silver Blades Skater Code of Conduct
Silver Blades Skating Club has developed the following Code of Conduct to ensure that all skaters participating on our sessions experience a safe, enjoyable and positive learning environment. We ask that parents/guardians review the rules with their skater. Any skater found to be in violation of the Code of Conduct may be asked to leave the ice at the discretion of the coaches.
- Observe “Right of Way” guidelines
- First priority goes to the skater who is in a lesson and having their music played.
- Second priority goes to skaters in private lessons. As there will be several skaters in lessons at the same time, be alert and prepare to yield the right of way. If the harness is in use, be aware and avoid that area.
- Courtesy and good sportsmanship to coaches and fellow skaters is expected at all times. If you get in another skater's way, please be polite and apologize. The skater who has the right of way may respectfully remind others of their presence, i.e. “excuse me” or “coming through”.
- Parents and other skaters should not interrupt a coach while a lesson is in progress.
- Pay attention to the location of other skaters at all times.
- Look in the direction of travel when skating backwards.
- Spins should be performed at the centre of the ice surface, jumps at the ends and in the corners.
- When standing at the boards or getting on the ice, before joining the flow of skaters, check to ensure you will not be cutting off another skater or coach.
- Refrain from standing around and socializing on the ice. This is a waste of valuable ice time and presents a hazard for skaters who are practicing.
- Do not sit or lie down on the ice. If you fall, get up immediately.
- If a skater is injured, seek the assistance of a coach immediately. Do not try to move them.
- All beverages must be in a closed container. Skaters will not eat food or chew gum while on the ice surface.
- Wearing of headsets on the ice is prohibited at all times.
- Be respectful to arena staff and property at all times.
- The use of foul language and use/possession of drugs, cigarettes or alcohol will not be tolerated.
- When your session is over, gather your belongings and clear the ice immediately.
- Skaters should use the dressing room at all times (typically dressing room 1). Skaters should not use the lobby for putting and taking off skates or storage of items during sessions.