Skaters MUST skate a least two times a week. A professional coach is required at this level. To qualify for this program, skaters must have passed all Preliminary tests PLUS one complete Junior Bronze test:
Preliminary Freeskate Parts 1 and 2 AND Preliminary Skills AND the Preliminary Dance set (Dutch Waltz, Canasta Tango, Baby Blues)
- Junior Bronze Freeskate Parts 1 and 2 OR Junior Bronze Skills OR the Junior Bronze Dance set (Fiesta Tango, Swing Dance, Willow Waltz)
If you aren’t sure which tests your skater has passed, you can always login to the Skate Canada site and check his or her record. Here’s how:
- Go to www.skatecanada.ca and click on the Members button (top left)
- Click on the Sign In button (top right)
- FIRST-TIME USERS: You will need to click on Request Invitation Code and enter the email address and birthdate of the skater whose test records you are trying to look up. This code will be emailed to you. Once you have retrieved it, click Redeem it here, enter the code in the info field and click Submit. You will then be prompted to create an account and choose a username and password. RETURNING USERS: Login using your Skate Canada # as the username.
- Click on My Profile
- Click on My Achievements
- All tests will be listed with dates and results
PARENT INFO SESSIONS: Everything you need to know about STAR 1-5
As part of a nation-wide Skate Canada initiative, Silver Blades is introducing a new program called STAR 1-5 this year, and it will impact all skaters at our Preliminary, Junior and Intermediate levels. Skate Canada has prepared this short introductory video for parents and skaters, and it addresses the broad strokes and philosophy behind the program quite well. But we'd like to talk you through the changes we've made at Silver Blades specfically in person, as well as answer any questions you might have. So we'll be running the following parent info sessions in the rink lobby over the next two weeks.
Tuesday, September 19 - 7:30pm
Wednesday, September 20 - 5:15pm
Saturday, September 23 - 8:40am
Thursday, September 28 - 6:40pm
Please join us at one of these times and learn more about what will be new for your skater this year in terms of on-ice programming and assessments—it's important that you understand the changes as the season gets underway.